Finding a Perfect Dog Crate for Your Pet: Mission Possible
Why pick up the best dog crate?
As a caring dog owner, you want to create convenient and safe conditions for its life. Need to transport your canine companion without being afraid of its escape? Or just want to create a secure spot in your house for the pet to hide and rest? Then you need to consider buying one of the most convenient and robust dog crates. This is a metal/wire/plastic cage made especially for our four-legged friends. Some of the models are designed specifically for transportation, while others are supposed to be placed at home and serve as a retreat or shelter for your furry friend.
A crate can help your dog pet feel comfortable and protected. It’s the easiest way to carry a pet to the vet, drive a car with it in the salon, or protect people from an aggressive pet (or vice versa). Online and regular pet supplies stores offer the whole gamut of dog crates for sale: you can find metal, wooden, and a soft cage, a small or a large dog crate. No matter what’s the breed, size, or age of your pet, you can always find a perfect dog crate.
Now when the stage is set, let’s observe the best dog crates present online.
Top Choice: MidWest Life Stages Double Door Dog Crate
Being one of the most popular wire dog crates, this model is present in a wide range of sizes (starting from (22-inch small dog crates, and finishing by a 48-inch large dog crate). It features a removable double door, a dividing panel, a long-lasting plastic dog tray, the roller feet for more comfortable transportation and floor protection, as well as 1-year warranty. This is the best dog crate for those who need a durable solution that can be easily folded and assembled in a jiffy.
The key features include:
- Unlike iCrate model, MidWest Life Stages is produced of durable gauge steel and has a tighter wire mesh. It’s a sturdy metal dog crate that would be suitable for medium sized pets.
- Double door with two heavy-duty slide-bolt latches keeps your furry friend safe and secure preventing accidental escape.
- Rounded corner clips eliminate the risk of scratching and hurting a dog.
- The cage can be folded and assembled quickly without instruments.
- Leak-proof pan keeps warmth and doesn’t let the dirt and moisture out.
It goes without mentioning convenient handles that go together with the portable dog crate.
Runner-Up: Petmate Sky Kennel Dog Crate
Want something more robust than wire dog crates? Consider a versatile variant from Petmate: this model is also available in various dimensions so that you can order a small dog crate, medium dog crate, or XL dog crate. Durable, thought-through construction makes it an indestructible dog crate: it features a solid plastic shell, non-corrodible wing-nuts, heavy-duty steel wire, and an interlocking door. This is a perfect dog travel crate that can be placed in a car or carried in hands.
Its main features are as follows:
- Proper ventilation and visibility from all sides: wire windows are installed in walls.
- 4-way vault door does not slide and shift – it ensures the unbeatable security of your pet.
- Travel necessities are already included in the kit. Thus, you can attack clip-on bowls and use ID stickers.
Of all eco-friendly plastic dog crates, this one looks very sturdy and long-lasting. Numerous user reviews prove that Petmate Sky Kennel is a genuinely reliable dog travel crate.
Best Budget Pick: Paws & Pals Collapsible Dog Crate
Searching for a non-expensive collapsible dog crate? Pay attention to the dog crate from Paws & Pals. It comes in a variety of sizes: 20-inch small dog crate to 48-inch extra large dog crate. The main difference between this and the models mentioned above is the distance between metal sticks – it is not a fine mesh, and a small dog may even be able to put its head outside. What makes it one of the best cheap dog crates is a versatile design that allows for simple assembling and secure storage. It goes with a convenient handle and is made from solid steel. The cage is easy to clean.
Key features include:
- Foldable construction (no tools requires) with a removable tray make it convenient for storage and transportation.
- The large dog crates from this series go with a double door.
- A handle makes it easy to carry.
- The materials are durable and 100% washable.
Generally, this is a worthy model, but cheap dog crates of this model have pretty wide space between the sticks, so a dog can put a paw or head out – it’s not safe.
Best Large Metal: MidWest Homes for Pets XXL Giant Dog Crate
If you own a large pet, choose an XXL dog crate – MidWest offers a functional and safe solution. Being a 54-inch long, this extra large dog crate can fit in your giant furry friend (even animals weighing over 90 pounds), and won’t restrict its movements seriously. The construction includes a double door with drop-pin assembly. The plastic pan is included in the package. There’s an L-Bar safety feature for keeping the cage shape. Please, note that two people should assemble this xl dog crate.
Basic features are:
- Drop-pin metal construction with L-Bar on the top that prevents deformation.
- The protective coating of metal mesh for long-lasting service.
- 1-year warranty.
- Heavy-duty 1.5 x 5-inch mesh doesn’t let the dog put out paws or the neb.
- Double door with three secure slide-bolt latches each for better convenience.
This collapsible dog crate can be easily folded and stored safely. It’s a versatile model. However, it lacks wheels for more comfortable transportation: a person isn’t likely to carry the cage in hands, so it should be moved somehow.
Best Large Plastic: SportPet Designs Plastic Dog Crate
Although plastic dog crates aren’t convenient for storage due to the fact they cannot be folded, this model has a lot of other perks. SportPet Designs offers an indestructible dog crate for traveling with ultra-convenient features. It fits in a large pet (over 90 pounds) and is created for traveling by both car and airplane.
Let’s observe its key features:
- The construction made of durable plastic is very simple in assembly: 4 wheels are included, and they can be quickly snapped.
- The metal bolts and nuts are included in the kit for installing the door.
- Two dishes and the food container are included, as well.
- It is approved by IATA Airline (it has food bowls, holes for gun gees, and other must-have features), and four live animal stickers go in the kit.
- Push & turn lock is installed on the door of the XXL model.
- Two handles are attached to the top.
- Excellent ventilation.
So if you wonder which of huge dog crates is suitable for traveling, opt for SportPet Designs. It will ensure exceptional convenience and safety for your pet even during long-term transportation. Thanks to wheels, it can be moved much easier. Please, note that you can also order a brand soft bed additionally.
If you need pretty much the same option, but a foldable one, opt for Impact dog crates – they ensure an unbeatable level of security and look stylish!
Who should buy dog crates?
Why looking for dog crates for sale? This is a multi-functional device that can serve many purposes. First, they are bought for safe traveling. Whenever you go, you can’t just take your dog with a harness – it can quickly run away. Instead, consider buying aluminum dog crates for your pets: you will eliminate the risk of escaping and create a safe personal space.
Secondly, wooden dog crates and soft dog crates are bought for indoor use. It can be a beautiful place of retreat for your furry friend. Every family member needs its corner, and a wood dog crate with soft bed can become your pet’s favorite spot for resting and sleeping. Alternatively, such dog crates can be put outside in your backyard. During summertime, it will protect your dog against sunlight and heat.
Important Features to Consider
When on a shopping spree for dog crates, you need to take into account a few crucial factors:
- First and foremost, the model should be convenient for your canine companion. Make sure that there’s enough space to stand up, turn and lie. The pan should be stable and waterproof, and the cage should be adequately ventilated.
- Metal or plastic? If you need a foldable device, select aluminum or steel models. Plastic crates are not disassembled and require more space.
- When deciding on the material, make sure it’s eco-friendly. If your pet is likely to bite and chew on the wire mesh, select models without coating and coloring.
- If you need a model for traveling, prefer lightweight models with handles and wheels (it’s especially important for owners of big dogs). Plastic models are highly recommended – they correspond with airline company standards (don’t forget to check the requirements before flying with your furry friend).
- You’ve got a puppy? Buy a cage for its adult size but with a removable divider.
- If you will install the cage at home, make sure it has a waterproof pan. There’s a large selection of wooden and resin devices that would fit the interior ideally.
Frequently Asked Questions
The choice and use of a dog crate can be a challenging task, especially for new owners. Here are the most popular questions concerning this device.
With a correctly chosen dog crate, your canine companion will feel comfy both at home and when traveling. This is the warranty of safety for both you and your puppy.